Structural Clinical Assessment Skills
One of our favourite quotes is “Structure governs Function” from A.T. Stills. the originator of Osteopathic medicine. To me postural balance can provide freedom from pain, and greater ease and comfort, and improved Range of Motion.
Most clients with pain and restricted movement will have structural-postural asymmetries, asymmetrical range of motion limitations; and resultant gait (walking) adaptations. These will have developed from:
- Postural Habits
- Somato-Visceral Imbalances
- Psycho-Emotional holding patterns.
This course will give you a roadmap to develop a Treatment Plan to help your clients achieve greater levels of postural symmetry and balance. This will include an understanding of why working only "on the sore spot" may not help the client long term. What they want is for the sore spot to not keep coming back.
Postural Charting before and after treatment is a key component so you, and your client, can track what has been effective, or not effective. Range of Motion testing before and after also provides immediate feedback.
- Postural Observation and Charting Template
- Using a goniometer to measure Pelvic Tilt/Ilium Rotation
- Strategies for correcting Ilium Rotations.
- A complete Range of Motion (ROM) menu for all major movement joints in the body
- Use of a goniometer to measure upper limb ROM’s
- Introduction to Palpation skills for identifying dysfunctional tissue e.g. “short and tight” versus “long and tight”
- What you need to ask you clients and why
- How to maximize treatment effectiveness and outcomes
- Gait observation and integrating changes.
Your investment includes full Course notes and a Goniometer.
Generous discounts apply for students repeating this Course – contact the School for more details.
This course, which was previously named Clinical Assessment Skills, provides great foundation skills for anyone with bodywork training, including Therapeutic Massage, Bowen Technique, Ortho-Bionomy, Kinesiology, Yoga, Pilates, Feldenkrais, Acupuncture, Osteopath, Physio, Chiropractor etc.
Start Date: Jun 29, 2018
End Date: Jul 1, 2018
Jun 29 + 30, Jul 1
6.30pm - 9.30pm Fri evening
In-class Hours: 19.5
Out of Class Hours: 0
Early Bird Price: $400
Early Bird Price Closing Date: Jun 19, 2018
Minimum Students: 4
Maximum Students: 14