The Practise of Treatment Massage
This is a series of individual Courses, held over several years, designed to bring your Massage treatment skills to a more advanced level. The Courses are a core requirement for the WSMT's Diploma in Therapeutic Treatment Massage.
Completion of this Course will prepare students to confidently and competently:
(i) Effectively treat a full range of musculo-skeletal pain & dysfunction symptoms, using a variety of techniques including Ischaemic Compressions; Slow Deep Longitudinal Strokes; Trigger Point Release; Myofascial Release, Active Tissue Release.
(ii) Develop the ability to comprehensively assess, chart & understand the many of the causes of musculo-skeletal pain & dysfunction conditions; develop an effective treatment plan for restoring the body back to full balance; & actually do the hands on work to achieve this goal.
If you want to become completely comfortable and confident with accessing and treating most regions of the body, then this is your Course.
We start with a Friday evening then the Saturday and deal with a different part of the body, always linking it in with what's going on in the body as a whole. Each Course will cover:
- Information Gathering
- Postural Observation & Charting
- Gait Observation & Correcting
- Range of Motion Testing (Active, Passive)
- Resisted Tests
- Treatment Planning
- A full treatment sequence for all muscles in each specific area/joint, including
- Application of Relevant Strokes
- Progression of Strokes
- Principles & Protocols of Massage
- Post Treatment Evaluation & Debrief
- Client Self Care Exercises & Advice Modules
This is a list of the individual courses that make up the Practise of Treatment Massage Course.
- Structural Clinical Assessment Skills
- Assessment & Treatment - Shoulder & Thoracic Spine
- Assessment & Treatment - Neck
- Assessment Treatment - Lumbar Spine & Abdomen incl. Visceral Massage (Organs)
- Assessment & Treatment - Hip
- Assessment & Treatment - Ankle & Foot
- Assessment & Treatment - Elbow, Wrist & Hand
- Putting It All Together x 2
This is an advanced programme primarily designed for those students who have completed the School's Certificate in Therapeutic Massage Course (or other equivalent training).
Co-requisites or pre-requisites Courses (i.e. must either have been completed previously, or done as soon as scheduled) are:
Applied Musculo-Anatomy Course (AMSA)
Theory of Therapeutic Massage
Your investment includes password access to a selection of treatment sequence videos; full Course notes; a Goniometer (Goniometer is provided in the Clinical Assessment Course).
A separate fee of $250 will apply for the PRAC Exam.
Scheduled as requested.
Minimum Students: 4
Maximum Students: 10