Ortho-Bionomy Neurological Dysfunction (ORTHOND-20)
Date Change - now August 22 + 23 (Sat/Sun)
The Nervous System is one of the most complex and interconnected structures that we will ever encounter. When there are injuries or disease processes the results can range from dysfunction to devastation. Since the Nervous System is the primary method that we use to affect change in the body what happens when it's the Nervous System itself which is the problem?
Neurological imbalances often require us to modify our interaction with the body or track the body responses differently. There are many ways to address imbalances or to help manage the symptoms of Neurological Dysfunctions.
In this course we will explore how the Nervous System operates and what we need to know to work with issues including:
- Head and spinal cord injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth (Hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Conditions related to central sensitisation of the nervous system
We'll identify strategies for working with these issues so that you'll be more prepared to work with them and to help activate the neuroplastic capacities of the nervous system.
- The course will be held via Zoom and will be interactive with plenty of time for student participation. A Manual will be provided for students to download prior to the course, for use during the Course.
- Option 2 is still via Zoom - the difference is instead of your own home or clinic, we will set up Zoom at the School so students wanting the classroom experience with access to other students and facilities can connect together. Manuals will be provided to students who opt for the classroom "Zoom experience".
What Students Will Need
Option 1 - in your home or clinic
- An internet connection - broadband wired or wireless
- PC, mac, ipad, laptop or tablet (ideally with a large screen)
- Headset or earbuds with microphone (ideal)
- Webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Know how to join a Zoom Meeting - click here for some useful info if you are new to Zoom
- A Massage table set up and within camera range
- A body for the practise sessions (specific times for the practise sessions will be advised prior to the start of the course so students can organise their body's to practise on)
Option 2 - in the Classroom (still via Zoom)
- Towels, pen and paper (logistics will be sent out as per usual prior to the course starting).
Prerequisite Phase 4/Fundamentals and Phase Five
Start Date: 2020-08-22
End Date: 2020-08-23
Times 9am - 6pm
In Hours: 16
Out Hours: 0
Total Hours: 16
Normal Price: $410
Early Bird Price: $395
Early Bird Price Closing Date: 2020-08-12
Minimum Students: 10
Maximum Students: 20
This module is taught as part of the Ortho-Bionomy.