We are delighted that Dr Bo Hendgen, D.O.N.D.A.M Founder & Director of Absolute Essential, will be teaching a one day Aromatherapy Course at the School in March. Bo established Absolute Essential in 1989 and the company have embraced sustainable business practice since their inception. Bo is professionally acknowledged as a leading natural healthcare expert in New Zealand. She is passionately hands on in all aspects of the healthcare business and is personally involved in the designing and formulating of all Absolute Essential products. Her extensive practitioner experience offers a unique insight to product design and creates an invaluable opportunity for learning in depth. A very experienced presenter Bo speaks regularly through the mediums of print, radio and television. Research is a large component of her work.
Aromatherapy is the use of Essential Oils for Healing Physical Ailments, Calming & Relaxing, Meditating, Uplifting, Invigorating, Persuading, Inspiring, Achieving Clarity, Spiritual Awakening, and Creating Harmonious Work & Home Environments, is extremely ancient & powerful. Even today in Europe medical doctors and physicians frequently blend and/or prescribe Essential Oils to treat a vast range of medical conditions. Through the conduit of the Skin & the Olfactory sense, the natural healing properties of herbs & plants are able to be utilised by the body, awakening powerful primal healing energies that allow the human being to heal naturally & holistically by creating balance through all the energetic layers - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Whether you're an enthusiastic amateur, a dedicated care-giver, or a professional healthcare practitioner, this Course will help you deepen your knowledge and skills for using natural therapeutic health care products.
The Course will Cover:
- An introduction to Essential Oils
- Mechanics of Olfaction
- History of Clinical Aromatherapy
- Professional Standards and Quality
- Carriers and Therapeutic Blending for Massage
- Safety considerations
Therapeutic body care using Therapeutic Essential Oils and virgin carriers
- How multiple healing, cleansing and nutritional compounds in pure plant oils are naturally absorbed deep into body tissues to boost the strength and restorative capacity of the body's supporting structures.
- How to use a range of key organic ingredients to nourish and nurture cell health in Muscles, Joints, Tendons and Connective Tissues to combat specific health issues such as rheumatoid/osteo arthritis, gout, tendonitis, back and joint pain, sprains and strains.
- Including dosage, frequency and dilution for massage
Using Therapeutic Essential Oils to promote Nervous and Endocrine Balance
- How identical compounds in Essential Oils can be absorbed directly and naturally to the brain through olfaction (scent), and also through the skin to the bloodstream to impact directly on emotional and hormonal responses throughout the body.
- How balancing, cleansing, clarifying, relaxing, calming, uplifting, stimulating and tonic properties in pure Essential Oils can be used to help address such issues as stress, anxiety, insomnia and mood swings, as well as enhancing body stages through menstruation phases, puberty, fertility and menopause.
Eligibility: anyone who has an interest in learning about harmonising the environment & enhancing our wellbeing by using Essential Oils.
Not currently scheduled
In-class Hours: 8
Out of Class Hours: 0
Total Hours: 8
Early Bird Price: $225
Early Bird Price Closing Date:
Minimum Students: 12
Maximum Students: 18