Fitness Concepts & Strength Training
A practically based Course that forms part of the requirements for the Diploma in Massage and Related Body Therapies and the Diploma in Therapeutic Treatment Massage. Covering different aspects of Fitness Training, with an emphasis on Strength and Core Stability.
- Review of the Components of Fitness
- Review of Energy Systems
- Review of Muscle Types & Brief Physiology
- Types of Muscle Contractions
- Fitness Industry presentation
- Agility Training
- Power Training
- Strength Training Options (Free Weights, Machine Weights, Hydraulics, Other)
- Standard Strength Training Programme
- Strength Training Application, (Gym visit including correct use of Equipment)
- Core Stability Training (using the Swiss Ball).
Eligibility: Ideally completion of the 87 hour Cert in Therapeutic Massage Course, but this is not essential. Students who have completed Exercise Science/Phys-ed qualifications may apply for RPL and exemption from this Course.
Unfortunately due to the change of travel plans the tutor is not currently available to teach this course. Students may substitute this course with the Ortho-Bionomy Self Care Course for their Diploma requirements. Please contact the School for details.
In-class Hours: 15
Out of Class Hours: 0
Total Hours: 15
Early Bird Price: $325
Early Bird Price Closing Date:
Minimum Students: 10
Maximum Students: 14